Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chet Meeks Memorial Fund

A memorial fund has been established at the University of Wyoming in honor of Chet's life and dedication to academia. This is a project that gave Chet renewed vigor in his last few weeks and we had hoped to get it ready before he left us. He asked that the fund be used for summer research funding for graduate students in sociology. Unfortunately, Chet never got to see the scholarship in place. But he knew we would finish the job – and we are more determined than ever to make the Chet Meeks Memorial Fund a substantial legacy in his honor.

If you would like to contribute to the Fund, please contact Brett Walter at baw1000@gmail.com.