Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Update from Houston (via Chicago)

Chet, unsurprisingly, has been ahead of the surgical recovery time curve from the start. By Saturday morning (after having surgery on Friday morning), he sat in a chair and walked a short distance. By Saturday evening, he had walked several times more. According to a conversation I had with Carla on Sunday, he had just taken a wheelchair ride to the rose garden and had gotten a little sun.

This morning, I talked with Chet to relay the names of a couple of MD Anderson medical oncologists that I requested from a friend of mine who also is an oncologist there. He will discuss these recommendations along with recommendations made by his surgeon and others and will arrive at a decision about a treatment plan.

Chet’s surgeon allowed him to start a liquid diet a day earlier than we were told he would be able and he has started to eat solid food again. Carla today told me that he also was able to stop epidural medications, that his IV was removed, and that his pain is being managed by oral medications. It appears it will just be a matter of a few days before he will be able to be released from the hospital and able to travel again.

This will likely be my last post on behalf of Chet, since I am now back in Chicago, have not seen him for over 24 hours, and expect I soon will be scrounging around for information like everyone else. ;) The Scribe will return soon to keep you informed about his progress. Stay tuned.

Best to all of Chet’s supporters,
Tom

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chet -

I have tried to call your room on several occasions, but you must have it unplugged.

I am glad you are making a speedy recovery. I am not surprised you were put on fluids so soon - did you insist on Merlot or Cabernet?

Hope to talk to you soon. Love Michael

6:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home