Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Cancer Update

Hello everyone. I'm sorry I haven't written on here for a while, but I was kind of sick of blogging after Houston and wanted to give it a rest for a time.

As many of you know, I haven't been feeling very well lately. I have lost some weight, and my stomach has become very bloated. Humiliating as it is to say, I look like one of those old men with little, tiny pencil legs and a great big stomach. Not attractive. In addition to the bad body-aesthetics, I have had a tremendous amount of abdominal cramping and pain that has been really awful, followed usually by vomiting. All of this has weakened my appetite, which has compounded the weight loss problem. Most days I eat things like soup or just soup broth, although Sidney Walter sent me some chocolates recently that I can't seem to resist.

Well, Monday I had a CT Scan. It was time for one and they wanted to do it in order to try to figure out what the cramps and bloating were all about. The scan shows that the cancer has not really "grown" but that it is definitely active, producing a lot of fluid in my abdomen (hence the bloating), and "thickening" my small and large intestines (hence the cramping, vomiting, and weight loss).

So, yesterday, after meeting with my onco, I went directly back on Oxalaplatin. Many of you will remember that this was the first chemo drug I was on. The doctor believes that my cancer has become "resistant" to 5-FU (also Xeloda), which requires that I step up to something stronger and a bit more aggressive.

So I feel fine today. Yesterday was exhausting but today feels great. I had a decent breakfast and even feel a little hungry as I write this. Many of you will want to know what you can do. Well, just visualize me with a smaller stomach and a bigger butt. :-)

Love, Chet

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you in Seattle...BJ

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chetta,
i think of you constantly and am also sending you healing vibes.....but i just can't do that shapely butt thing, sorry but i have to draw the line somewhere.

Joseph S.

4:22 PM  
Blogger The Pug Mom said...

Hey Dr. Meeks -

I hope you are doing better. Just wanted to send you some good healing vibes from a former student up at NIU.

8:59 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors handbags clearance
http://www.rayban-sunglasses.uk
retro jordans
yeezy boost 350 v2
http://www.jordanretro.uk
adidas nmd
discount oakley sunglasses
air max thea
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren
lacoste online shop
gg

5:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:11 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

fitflops clearance
canada goose outlet
christmas presents
kate spade outlet
pandora jewelry
ed hardy uk
yeezy boots 350
canada goose outlet
basketballl shoes
jordan 4

6:30 PM  
Blogger ahmed deraz said...

خدمات الشارقة – ابو الهول
تركيب طابووق الشارقة
بناء ملاحق في الشارقة

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home