Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Springtime with Tache

Chet encrypted his password for this blog and it has taken me quite a while to figure it out. I'm sure all of you have missed me quite a bit so here I am!! I have to write this quickly before Chet gets home.

I'm quite in love with this surgery thing Chet is undergoing, because he has started feeding me Fancy Feast!!!! Tache approves.

Still, I hope all of you aren't fooled into feeling sympathy for Chet. This surgery of his is just one con in a long line of lies and disinformation. Chet LOVES the attention he's getting. I have started sleeping on his bed with him and sometimes I even slide myself up next to his face to make him think I love him, but it's only in order to keep the Fancy Feast coming. Chet's a fool and he's easily deceived by false affections. Just ask Carla or Henry. I was really nice to him today, but he fed me about an hour ago and I've ignored him ever since. Tomorrow I'll play the same game and Chetty poo will fall for it, because he's stupid.

Chet's friend Andrew was here for a visit this week. If you want to see someone act like a fool, watch Chet around Andrew. He's positively gushy. It makes me sick! I let Andrew pet me, but only because he didn't make eye contact with me, otherwise he would have pulled back a bloody stump like Chet's foolish friend Michael Roberts did when he visited. Chet has been sad all week long since Andrew's departure. What a sap!

I've been reading about the 1960s. I've come to the conclusion that America and the rest of the world would have turned out just fine if babyboomers weren't such navel-gazing, self absorbed ninnies. Rather than seeking change by altering existing institutions, they looked inward. "The personal is political." Well, no it's not. Or, at least, it's not nearly as political as, say, legal and economic institutions, or broadly shared civic values. I'm not quite sure how "consciousness raising" was supposed to change the world; it seems like a fairly weak and American notion to me. But I'm not surprised that the generation of 1968, once they left school and got well paying jobs, turned out to be the most spoiled, consumeristic, and conformist generation to ever inhabit the planet. The hippies became the yippies, and the yippies became the yuppies, and 39 years after 1968, this generation re-elected George W. Bush.

Of course, a lot of people think that cats are self-absorbed. But that's because people project their own sense of self onto the animals who live in their houses.

Meow.

Shit, here comes Chet.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tache:
Did it ever occur to you that Fancy Feast might be tainted with that rat poisoning that is killing cats all over the country? You're being FAR to trusting of Chet.
Sincerely,
One of the Cat Whisperers...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

----I've come to the conclusion that America and the rest of the world would have turned out just fine if babyboomers weren't such navel-gazing, self absorbed ninnies. Rather than seeking change by altering existing institutions, they looked inward. "The personal is political." Well, no it's not.


God help you cat when Chette reads this. You felines certainly know how to go in for the kill, don't you, you sick, cruel, furry little slasher.

When Chette gets back you are going to be hanging out of a window by your tail, thrashing around and yowling like a demented hippy on a bad acid trip.

PS. Do you know how to stick to the ceiling in a place where he can't get to you? I hope so.

RIP cat.

--Shatterer

9:24 AM  
Blogger Chet said...

Shatterer,

Chette is afraid of me.

Tache

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What out Tache:
The ENTIRE Oak Park Cat Herd is moving to Atlanta.

hisssssssss

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Michael,

My name is spelled Tache, not Tasche. It's even written in the title of my post, Einstein.

How's your hand?

Tache

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chette!!!!!!

You need to know a couple of things about that stupid cat of yours. First of all he hacked into your blog and got my IP number. (Apparently that entry I made really pissed him off.) Then he got my E-mail from my ISP and has been sending me a series of abusive messages this afternoon, mostly about how he can "own" me just as often and just as easily as he "owns" you -- whatever that means. (By the way, his spelling is atrocious.) Chette, if you are going to go out Sunday afternoon CAN YOU AT LEAST PUT A LOCK ON YOUR COMPUTER? This is beyond harassment. I couldn't even begin to repeat some of the filthy things he's written to me.

Second, you need to know that he got hold of your cell phone a couple of times after you turned in for the night. Apparently he knows how to use it to take pictures, if the fuzzy shots he E-mailed me of you and Andrew are any indication. Luckily, it's hard to determine absolutely what is going on because he hasn't totally mastered how to point and shoot at the same time.

HIDE THE CELL PHONE, CHETTE!!! Get a cage for that thing. Sell him to a vivisectionist or make him earn his own keep. He's got far too much time on his hands when you are out of the way.

He's a psycho. How did you end up with something like that?

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a she...hssssss

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entschuldigen Sie mich Katze,

I am sorry for the misspelling. In German, "Tasche" means "bag." When I think of you, I envision your fur on a lovely Kate Spade bag hanging off the forearm of some Lincoln Park Trixie. So, now you can understand the mix-up.

Michael

6:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses
toms wedges
coach outlet online
uggs outlet online
ralph lauren
los angeles clippers jerseys
ugg outlet uk
miami heat jerseys
adidas nmd shoes
ray ban sunglasses
2016.12.16chenlixiang

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home