Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!




These pictures were actually taken a week ago.

Andy, Jody, and Lexy stayed over for Andy's birthday celebration. Then, on Saturday, we carved a pumpkin for Lexy. These pictures were taken in the yard of my apartment complex.

As you can see in the bottom left picture, Lexy was not nearly as interested in pumpkin carving as she was in carrying around a grocery bag with rocks she was collecting. The bag was a bit bigger than she, but as is usually the case, size did not stop her. The same logic holds true for shoes these days -- the bigger the better. The other day she insisted on wearing my slippers around my apartment while exclaiming "Show Asa!" Apparently she associates Asa with big things. I wonder why. I don't have photos of that, unfortunately, but it is a fun story to tell anyway.

Once the carving was done, Lexy became a bit more intrigued with Mr. O'Lantern, as the photo on the left above shows. She seemed most curious about the stem and the removable skull cap. I thought the most impressive feature was the soul-patch. Apparently our pumpkin is a pseudo-hippie, just like the man who carved him. (Come on, Andy, if Jody would let you get away with a soul patch, you know you would).

In photo 3 I accidentally missed part of Lexy's face, but I included it anyway, even though a photograph without a full face shot of Lexy in it is automatically of far lesser value than any other photo, by default.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home