Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, October 30, 2006

My Brother's Here



One of the things that got me through treatment #2 was looking forward to a visit from my brother (Asa) and sister-in-law (Andrea). Here are some pictures of us.

So far we haven't done too much, mostly because I've been tired. But we did go to the Atlanta Underground yesterday, and since it was nearby, I showed Asa and Andrea the Georgia State campus and my office. Then we tried to find them a new place to stay. Their hotel is way out by the airport, but tonight they'll be shifting over to the Gaslight Inn, a really nice B&B that's closer to my apartment. I think this afternoon we will drive over to Stone Mountain, a mind-blowing monument to Confederate Pride (really -- you wouldn't believe it).

My brother is sort of my hero. When we were younger I was absolutely awful to him, a really bad older brother. But he forgave me, thankfully. What I really admire about him is that he is so accepting of others, and of difference. When he was in high school he was always friends with the kids no body else wanted to befriend. Playing football and wrestling, he was easily a part of Rawlins, Wyoming's teenage in-crowd, but he had more fun hanging out with the kids who had no one else. He did not just befriend these individuals to do a good deed -- he really liked them. He was also accepting of me when no one else was. And even now, at 6-foot-whatever and the size of a house, he's probably gentlest person I know. I wish I could be more like him.

Andrea is the sister I always wanted but never had. She has tamed my brother (who, even though he is a wonderful person, had a wild side that would have probably landed him in jail if it weren't for Andrea) quite nicely. She calls me all the time and makes sure that I'm doing okay. And she is the only person living (besides me, I think...I hope) of whom Tache (my cat) approves.

So, here's to the start of my good week, made even better by a visit from Asa and Andrea.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Underground Atlanta? I thought you said you liked your brother and sister-in-law. . . . mindy

11:25 AM  
Blogger Chet said...

Well, it was convenient.

I almost took them to Cyclorama today.........we didn't make it, but I DO hope that we get to go to Stone Mountain, because as a new res. of ATL, I just HAVE to see that.

Chet

5:27 PM  
Blogger Chet said...

Dear Gum Guy,

My only question is: what sordid thing did you post at 6:40 AM that you had to erase? I never thought of gum-guy as being a self-censorer.

Best Wishes,
Chet

P.S. Asa Jr. hates gum-guy.

8:37 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-02-25keyun
air max 95
kobe 10
christian louboutin shoes
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton purses
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet
concord 11
burberry outlet online
hollister clothing
louboutin femme
tods outlet online
cheap air jordans
michael kors outlet
vans sneakers
nike air huarache
michael kors handbags
gucci outlet
ralph lauren outlet
kate spade outlet
kate spade purses
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
canada goose outlet online
ray-ban sunglasses
ugg boots outlet
kobe 8
kd 8
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet store
tory burch boots
louis vuitton handbags
true religion
celine bags
coach outlet store
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
abercrombie and fitch
ray ban sunglasses outlet
polo ralph lauren

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

افضل شركة عزل خزانات بجدة
شركة عزل خزانات بجدة
عزل خزانات بجدة
افضل شركة نظافة بيوت بجدة
شركة نظافة بيوت بجدة
نظافة بيوت بجدة
افضل شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل جدة
شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل جدة
شراء اثاث مستعمل جدة
شراء الاثاث المستعمل بجدة

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home