Chet The Scribe

My name is Chet Meeks. I am a 32 year old sociologist. I started this blog so that I can write about the things that interest me. I hope you enjoy it.

Monday, October 23, 2006

#1: Chad S.


For treatment #1, my friend Chad came from Rochester, NY. Chad (above, with his wife Marie at left) arrived Wednesday night, after nearly 7 hours of flight delays, thanks to that snow storm in Detroit. I was very happy to see him. I only get to see Chad about twice a year, and 2 out of the last 3 times I've seen him, it's been so that he could tend to some illness of mine. He took care of me after my colon surgery, and this time he took care of me during the aftermath of my "first" new chemo treatment.

So, for three and a half days, Chad put up with basically staring at me and the inside of my (very small) apartment. He fed me and made me drink water. Thursday we took a walk to Sevananda, the whole foods co-op near my apartment in Little 5 Points, and that was basically the only real tour he got of Atlanta for his visit. He put up with these claustrophobic conditions with absolute grace.

I guess Chad did get out a bit. He got to meet my friend Wendy, who was taking care of me when he arrived. She fed us seafood pasta (yum, even on chemo....yum, yum) while we watched LOST (my favorite TV program). He also got to meet my friend Mindy, who drove us to the hospital for me to get unhooked from my take-home bag of 5-FU (yes, they call a chemo drug "FU"). This was the visit where I almost fainted because my blood pressure dropped, probably from waiting for my incompetent nurses to finally see me. Chad went with me to pick my car up from the thieving mechanics who jipped me out of $700 (the check-engine light is still on), and he gave me a stern lecture about getting hosed. We also went to Taqueria, my favorite restuarant (so far) in Atlanta. And we spent a few hours Saturday with Jody, Andy, and Lexy before Chad had to fly back to NY. We had breakfast, and then Andy drove Chad to the airport.

I'm really grateful that Chad could be here. He's a very peaceful person and he makes those around him feel very safe. He gave me a Reike treatment. And he taught me a Sufi prayer that has given me a lot of solace. I'm also grateful to Chad's wife, Marie. Chad is getting his PhD at SUNY-Buffalo, and because he has to commute back and forth, he and Marie do not get to spend a great deal of time together, so it was a special sacrifice on her part to spare him for a few days.

Thank you Chad and Marie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oakley vault
cheap oakleys
louis vuitton outlet
nike uk
nike air max
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
nike air force
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
ray ban
rolex submariner
coach factory outlet
cheap jordan shoes
ray ban sunglasses
pandora jewelry
ray ban sunglasses
retro jordans
coach outlet store online
coach outlet online
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
kate spade handbags
christian louboutin shoes
cheap jordans
giuseppe zanotti
tory burch sale
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren
louis vuitton
gucci
toms shoes outlet online
true religion shorts
michael kors outlet
gucci outlet
celine handbags
20166.3wengdongdong

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A week after three of the top four teams lost, another top team suffered a similar fate and cheap nfl jerseys this one might have cost Nike Roshe Run the season-long Heisman frontrunner his chance at the trophy.

Louisville came into Thursday’s pivotal contest Nike Air Max 90 with aspirations of louboutin outlet putting on NFL Jerseys a show worthy of a spot Nike Free Run in nfl jerseys store the top christian louboutin uk four of the College Football Playoff standings, but what resulted Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes was the exact wholesale nfl jerseys opposite. The Cardinals came out flat against an inspired christian louboutin shoes Houston team and were essentially run off the field in a 36-10 rout.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...






I was excited to discover this website
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-al-madina.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-moving-company-yanbu.html

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home